Paris, December 10, 2020 ///
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW TEAM MEMBER TO JOIN OUR OFFICE IN PARIS
It has now been close to six years since we launched The Funambulist as a magazine. None of us have been trained to do what we do and, as the magazine has now reached a new volume of diffusion, we would like to professionalize the office. In this spirit, we are now looking for a new team member to undertake a full-time position as the Logistics and Communication Manager of The Funambulist. As our new Logistics and Communication Manager, you will be responsible for the overall logistical and marketing operations of the magazine, with responsibilities and missions that include:
- Daily logistical management, including magazine orders and subscriptions, preparation of shipments, email exchange with subscribers, bookstores, institutions, etc.
- Conception and implementation of a marketing and communication strategy, including international outreach, brand communications and direct marketing communications (i.e. prepare newsletters, sales campaigns etc.)
- Social media management
- Participation in content formatting on the website
- You have received official training, or have at least a 2-year experience, in publishing management or publishing marketing
- English: full professional proficiency
- French: semi-professional proficiency
- You have a great sense of organization and communication
- You have a good understanding of the topics discussed in the magazine
BONUS SKILLS ///
- Additional language
- Audio editing
- Image editing
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud or equivalent
- Experience and/or knowledge about WordPress
As our new Logistics and Communication Manager, you will be working closely with Editor-in-Chief, Léopold Lambert, in our office located in Paris, France — this is not negotiable and would our chosen applicant necessitate a visa, we’ll help them with the procedure. The position is a time-limited position with a CDD contract (determined duration) for a period of 1 year starting from 1 March 2021 with the possibility of extension towards a CDI (undetermined duration contract). The weekly working hours are 32 hours/week with a gross (brut) monthly salary of 2.200 €.
We welcome all qualified applicants. Please submit your application including a motivation letter and CV to email@example.com no later than 3 January 2021. We expect to conduct online interviews with selected applicants in mid-January.
In case of any questions or further clarifications, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Funambulist is a magazine founded in 2015 that engages with the politics of space and bodies. Our hope is to provide a useful platform where activist/academic/practitioner voices can meet and build solidarities across geographical scales. Through articles, interviews, artworks, and design projects, we are assembling an ongoing archive for anticolonial, antiracist, queer, and feminist struggles. The print and online magazine is published every two months and operates in parallel with an open-access podcast (est. 2014) and a blog (est. 2010).