The names of the signatories will be regularly added to this page.
We are making a few past articles of the magazine and podcast episodes available to all in order to provide a useful resource complementing this pledge:
- MAKING ABOLITION GEOGRAPHY IN CALIFORNIA’S CENTRAL VALLEY
with Ruth Wilson Gilmore in The Funambulist 21 (Jan-Feb. 2019) Space & Activism
- RACIALIZED CRIMINALIZATION AND PRISON UPRISINGS IN THE UNITED STATES
with Orisanmi Burton in The Funambulist 12 (July-August 2017) Racialized Incarceration
- ON PRISON ABOLITIONISM
with Nasrin Himada in The Funambulist 04 (Mar-Apr. 2016) Carceral Environments / You can also listen to this conversation in The Funambulist Podcast
- BODIES IN RESISTANCE IN THE NORTH OF IRELAND’S POLITICAL PRISONS
by Fiona McCann in The Funambulist 04 (Mar-Apr. 2016) Carceral Environments
- DOCUMENTING THE UNDOCUMENTED: CARCERAL ARCHITECTURE AND MIGRANT BODIES
with Tings Chak in The Funambulist Podcast episode 41 (May 2014).
- ON GENOCIDE, DETENTION, AND REFUGEEHOOD
with Imran Mohammad in The Funambulist Podcast episode 134 (December 2019).
- ABOLISH ALL PRISONS: FOR A REVOLUTIONARY PRACTICE AND NON-PRACTICE OF ARCHITECTURE
by Léopold Lambert in The Architectural Review (June 2018).
We also recommend consulting the Architects/Designers/Planners for Social Responsibility (ADPSR) website, as well as this comprehensive text by Rachel Kushner about the abolitionist work of Ruth Wilson Gilmore.
Names of signatories as of February 18:
César Reyes Nájera
Raphael Pauschitz (Revue Topophile)
Nadia El Hakim