The names of the signatories will be regularly added to this page.
We are making a few past articles of the magazine and podcast episodes available to all in order to provide a useful resource complementing this pledge:
- MAKING ABOLITION GEOGRAPHY IN CALIFORNIA’S CENTRAL VALLEY
with Ruth Wilson Gilmore in The Funambulist 21 (Jan-Feb. 2019) Space & Activism
- RACIALIZED CRIMINALIZATION AND PRISON UPRISINGS IN THE UNITED STATES
with Orisanmi Burton in The Funambulist 12 (July-August 2017) Racialized Incarceration
- ON PRISON ABOLITIONISM
with Nasrin Himada in The Funambulist 04 (Mar-Apr. 2016) Carceral Environments / You can also listen to this conversation in The Funambulist Podcast
- BODIES IN RESISTANCE IN THE NORTH OF IRELAND’S POLITICAL PRISONS
by Fiona McCann in The Funambulist 04 (Mar-Apr. 2016) Carceral Environments
- DOCUMENTING THE UNDOCUMENTED: CARCERAL ARCHITECTURE AND MIGRANT BODIES
with Tings Chak in The Funambulist Podcast episode 41 (May 2014).
- ON GENOCIDE, DETENTION, AND REFUGEEHOOD
with Imran Mohammad in The Funambulist Podcast episode 134 (December 2019).
- ABOLISH ALL PRISONS: FOR A REVOLUTIONARY PRACTICE AND NON-PRACTICE OF ARCHITECTURE
by Léopold Lambert in The Architectural Review (June 2018).
We also recommend consulting the Architects/Designers/Planners for Social Responsibility (ADPSR) website, as well as this comprehensive text by Rachel Kushner about the abolitionist work of Ruth Wilson Gilmore.
Names of signatories as of March 10 (140 architects & designers):
César Reyes Nájera
Raphael Pauschitz (Revue Topophile)
Nadia El Hakim
Miriam H. Abraham